Gastric sleeve surgery is a popular weight loss procedure that involves removing a portion of the stomach to reduce its size and limit food intake. While gastric sleeve surgery can be effective in promoting weight loss, many people struggle to maintain their weight loss goals after the procedure.
In this article, we will explore how to restart weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery and let you about some of the working tips which will help you achieve your desired weight.
What Causes Weight Regain After Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
There are several factors that can contribute to weight regain after gastric sleeve surgery, including:
- Poor nutrition and eating habits
- Inactivity or lack of physical activity
- Medical conditions, such as hypothyroidism or depression
- Not following post-operative instructions
- Stress eating or emotional eating
- Insufficient protein intake
How to Get Back on Track with Weight Loss After Gastric Sleeve Surgery
To restart weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery, it is important to identify the factors that are causing your weight regain and address them. Here are some tips to help you get back on track with your weight loss journey:
1. Stick to a balanced, nutritious diet
One of the most important aspects of maintaining weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery is following a balanced and nutritious diet. Make sure to include plenty of protein, fiber, and healthy fats in your diet, and limit your consumption of processed and high-calorie foods.
2. Increase physical activity
Physical activity is crucial for maintaining weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery. Aim to get at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise every day, such as brisk walking, cycling, or swimming.
3. Stay hydrated
Drinking enough water is important for keeping your metabolism functioning properly and preventing constipation. Aim to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day. And it is always recommend drink warm water with the help of glass. Avoid drinking water directly from bottle!!
4. Manage stress and emotional eating
Stress and emotional eating can be major obstacles in maintaining weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery. Practicing stress-management techniques, such as meditation or yoga, can help you control your emotional eating and reduce stress.
5. Seek support from a professional
Working with a dietitian, counselor, or support group can help you stay motivated and on track with your weight loss goals. Just follow what they are saying and you can see big improvement in few days.You can even search for the diet online or you can consult with an expert on Skype/Whatsapp by booking meeting.
Restarting weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery can be challenging, but with the right approach and support, it is possible to achieve your desired weight. By following a balanced diet, increasing physical activity, staying hydrated, managing stress, and seeking professional support, you can restart your weight loss journey and achieve long-term success.
- Is it normal to regain weight after gastric sleeve surgery? Yes, it is not uncommon for some people to regain weight after gastric sleeve surgery. However, with the right approach and support, it is possible to get back on track and achieve your weight loss goals.
- What foods should I avoid? You should avoid foods that are high in sugar, fat, and calories, as well as foods that are difficult to digest, such as nuts, seeds, and popcorn.
- How much water should I drink? It is recommended to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day after gastric sleeve surgery to help prevent dehydration and constipation.
What type of physical activity is best? The type of physical activity that is best after gastric sleeve surgery depends on your personal preferences and fitness level or you can even consult with a doctor!